Monday, October 12, 2009

A Myriad of Stroller Thoughts

Question: I'm having twins soon and I'm wondering which stroller is best. I'm considering the snap n go. Any thoughts?

Here is the advice one of our members received.

I just had my twins 3 weeks ago and I absolutely love my SnugRide 32 car seats (holds up to 32 pounds) with Quattro Tour stroller by Graco. I got mine at BabiesRUs and while costly it is well worth the investment to keep you little ones safe. I went for a walk today and the stroller manuevers nicely and is easy to operate. It is a little heavy, but I can manage on my own.

~~~~~~~~~

I bought the Duo Glider by Graco. It was great when I used it for my twins for snapping in the infant car seats. It turns great, the storage bin underneath the stroller fits a large diaper bag and it was convenient. You do have to try out the car seats to make sure they fit in the stroller (if you are buying car seats that don't exactly match the stroller). I had an older Graco Snugfit car seat that was too big to fit on the seat closest to the handle bars of the stroller. But it did fit the other seat. And luckily I had borrowed a car seat that was slightly smaller than the other and it fit in just fine.

BUT with all that said....now that my twins are one... I HATE the stroller. Once the twins were big enough to sit up in the stroller on their own, it's been horrible. It doesn't give them any support and they really "sluch" (sp?) down in the seats. Even my two year old doesn't sit comfortably in it. I actually decided to buy a new one. After surveying lots of twin moms, about 90% of them recommended a side by side Combi. I actually found one today at a garage sale for $30, it has a bad wheel but I am ordering a new wheel for $20. New Combi's run about $200+ dollars. I have been watching EBay for deals and there are some great deals out there.

So my recommendation....buy a cheap or used Graco Duo Glider and then spend the money on a stroller that they will use once you are done with snapping the car seats in the strollers (probably around the 6 month mark).

~~~~~~~~~

I bought the double snap and go off of craigs list. I love it. I also have a graco one for when they are older, but we have not used it enough to recommend it!

~~~~~~~~~

We used the Graco Duo Glider for our twins and that was a good stroller. However, we just had our third child and bought a snap-n-go and love it! You may want to get both. The snap-n-go is great for going out and about because it's very lightweight, but the Graco Duo Glider would be better for walks around the block and when they outgrow their infant car seats.

~~~~~~~~~

I vote for the snap-n-go. Used it, Loved it! Excellent for small infants, lightweight. Buy one used off another twin mom. When the babes are out of their infant seats, use the money you saved to buy a double stroller that will last you a while.

~~~~~~~~~

We bought the Graco Safe Seats and used the snap-n-go frame. The seats worked well with the frame. Just make sure the seat that you purchase works with the frame. Congrats on your twins!

~~~~~~~~~

I had the double snap-and-go and loved it! It turns on a dime and wasn't hard to put together. I was able to push my boys around the grocery store while pulling the cart behind me ... that's how easy it is to maneuver.

~~~~~~~~~

I used the snap n go for the 1st year and would highly recommend it. It's easy to buy used as well. You'll be able to sell it for what you bought it for (if you buy it used) b/c they aren't used for that long.
After that, the Peg Perego Aria is fabulous (for ages 9 months...when babies are sitting up well). It's a side by side and pretty light.

~~~~~~~~~

Usually the snap n go is only limited b/c the babies grow out of their carseats. Now infant seats are going past 20 pounds so if you get the bigger infant seats, you'll be able to use it longer. You'll want to make sure your seats are compatible w/ the stroller but the snap n go is quite versatile.A jogger has it's limitations since they are heavy, somewhat clunky and not the easiest in mall type settings. Often moms choose another stroller as well, such as the aria. The jogger would probably work at 6mo...depending on how premature the babies are.

~~~~~~~~~
In my opinion the double snap and go is the way to go. My twins are 8 months old and we are still using it. I have two other strollers but my kids are still too small to sit up well in a regular stroller. They do pretty well in a jogging stroller. We can put our carriers in our Graco double stroller but it is so large and heavy, the snap and go is so much lighter. I'll probably be selling mine in a few months and there are always ladies selling theirs on the site.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin