Fall Leave Prints
- plastic baggies (for collecting leaves)
- masking tape
- large sheets of paper (place mat size is best)
- acrylic paint (or similar paints for fabric/paper)
- art smocks (or old shirts of daddy's)
- small plates (or something else flat to put paint on for printing)
How to: We completed this project with our friends Elaina and Miles who are 2 and 1/2 (Rhys & Kyle are 2 yrs old).
We started by giving each child a plastic baggie and then we went and collected sticks and leaves from around the neighborhood. Flowers are great for this project as well, if you can find them! While we were walking, we named different things we saw and collected the items we wanted in our bags. We tried to only take things off the ground and not remove them from the trees.
If you have any suggestions or requests for future Kelly's Art Easel columns, please comment below or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). As well, if you have any art questions for yourself or your little ones, let me know!
Special thanks to Shana and her twins for trying this project with us! ;)