Monday, May 17, 2010

Kendra’s Fitness Corner: Summer Starter Challenge

Yesterday, in the first of my two part post, I gave you the steps to take start or reignite your fitness routine. Today, I am giving you a Summer Starter Challenge.

8 Week Summer Starter Challenge: Weeks 1-4
For this starter program I would like you to do a minimum of one – 30 minute strength session and three – 30 minute cardio sessions….or split the cardio into 15 minute sessions like I mentioned yesterday.

Example:
Monday – 30 minute cardio
Tuesday – 15 minutes strength training and 15 minutes cardio
Thursday – 30 minute cardio
Saturday – 15 minutes strength training and 15 minutes cardio

Cardio:
Any cardio is great for beginners. Walk/jog programs are great. Start with 5 min walk / 1 min jog. Repeat 5 times. When you are ready, bump it to 5 min walk / 2 min jog. More cardio ideas will be coming in future posts, however the main goal is to increase your intensity (heart rate) and do something you enjoy. If you don’t like your workout you probably won’t stick to it very long!

Strength training ideas for home:
With no equipment you can do the following exercises…. Squats, Stair step-ups, Push-ups (on your knees or toes), tricep dips off the end of a chair, and crunches.

More specific ideas for home workouts and more exercises will come on future posts.

Lastly, if you are going to start this program (or a variation of it) and want to share how it’s going….that would be great! The more people who know you are on mission, the more likely you are to get support – and succeed! So comment below and tell us!

There is so much for me to say about fitness… it’s not all going to be in one post. That is why we created Kendra’s Fitness Corner, so I can continue to give you tips on how to fit fitness into your busy life, how to get the most out of what you are doing, provide you with support and encouragement and answer all your questions. I love what I do and I want to help all of you feel great about yourselves! Just consider me your virtual personal trainer.

And stay tuned for June’s Topic: How to burn the most calories in 30 minutes!

Remember to comment below if you are going to join the Summer Starter Challenge!

Please feel free to comment below or send emails to columbusmultiples@gmail.com with any questions you might have for me. As well, if you have suggestions for topics you would like me to discuss in Kendra's Fitness Corner, please let me know as well.

Get Moving!
-Kendra

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin