Monday, May 10, 2010

Would you like fries with that?


CMOTC mom Stephanie A. shares with us this funny story about the day she gave birth to her twins.

~~~~~~~~~

The day I went into labor, it was 7:30am when I woke up and I thought I had actually wet my bed. I got up, went to the bathroom and still wasn't sure if it was that or my water had broke. So, I went on back to bed and woke up an hour later, soaked again. Now I finally got it that my water had broke. So, I hopped in the shower because I HAD to shave my legs before I went to the hospital, of course.

On the way there, my husband just had to make a business call. The person on the other end of the phone asked what he was doing and he told them I was in labor and we were on the way to the hospital. She was completely mortified and hung up on him, but not before saying "Are you crazy? Focus on driving!"

When we got to the hospital, I was informed that my doctor, who had told me that he delivers 85% of his babies, would not be able to be there. So I had to let a doctor that I had never met tell me he was going to be the one to do my C-section. Of course, I blame him to this day for not giving me a tummy tuck while he was sewing me up afterwards.

Then, my husband wanted to make sure he had time to run down to Wendy's to get some lunch before they took me in. Cuz he was hungry. And I was in pain and giving birth to his children. But he was hungry. So we waited. I still remember that one of the operating room nurses had me laughing while the anesthesiologist was trying to put the needle in my back for the spinal. He actually had to tell me to stop laughing and hold still!

My husband told the doctor that he wanted to see them as soon as they came out. So the doctor proceeds to gut me like a fish and pull Baby A's (Abbey's) head out, but only her head, and tells my husband: "First one's out!" John stands up to look over the lovely, dual use gown that they had strung up as a drape so we couldn't see, and he sees just her head sticking out of the incision, which is of course covered in blood. He sat right back down and sort of yelled: "You know that's not what I meant!" To which all 16 people in the room laughed hysterically. And I thought: "THAT was for the Wendy's!"

~~~~~~~~~

Does anyone else have a funny birth story or funny parenting story? Please comment below or send your story to us at columbusmultiples@gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin